Friday, December 18, 2009

In December Drinking Horchata.

-I think I finally pinpointed why I only tepidly and half-heartedly watch NBA games: there are way too many fouls. I don't think it's theoretically possible for an NBA game to go four minutes without having to be stopped for a foul or some infraction. Any flow of play is immediately stopped for this. It's an ADD child's worst nightmare.

-While I've pushed Chuck Klosterman on my blog countless times before, for those who have not read his book Killing Yourself To Live get on that shit. And I mean it. It covers drugs, rock 'n' roll, the New York Magazine industry, plenty of relationship loathing and Jeff Tweedy. Smells like Americana.
While there's probably a fair argument to be made that half of Klosterman's subject material is superfluous banter from a man who spends too much time watching t.v. and listening to music, his writing is not only salient but infinitely interesting to no matter who reads it--even to those Americans like my current roommate who would rather eat yogurt out of Courtney Love's asshole than read a book. If you can get your paws on a copy, pages 83-89 represent the moment of ingenuity: Klosterman's relating of Radiohead's 2000 album Kid A to the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks. Prepare to have a complete and utter mind fuck by way of the North Dakotan ginger himself.

-Will a potential player strike be a death knell for MLS? Does anyone care enough to take me up on an offer to discuss?

-How interesting would it be to see a relegation system put in place for major American sports leagues? Maybe then I'd be saved from being force-fed Nationals and Grizzlies highlights year after year on Sportscenter.


I'm drained of forced creativity. Writing hypothetical questions and boredom-driven brain farts is tiresome at 11:45 on a Friday evening. I need to start varying my subject palette from Chuck Klosterman, Major League Soccer, sports and Radiohead. That's all.


God Is Love,

Rev Rub

No comments: