Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mayday, Hooray.

I don't think there was anyone in Athens sadder than I when news broke that Wale would no longer be the headlining act of Mayday, the free concert being thrown by several OU student organizations. I've aborted two potential trips to both Oxford, Ohio, and Columbus to see him rep that DMV, only to see him fall into my lap--for FREE--and then snatched from me.

Granted, it's a little sketchy that he pulled out of his contract on the absolute last day that he could citing a foreshadowed sickness (two weeks in advance, mind you), but it's whatever: I guess I'll still support your Nike Boot-wearing ass, Wah.

However, through constant snooping, gossiping and eaves-dropping (but more or less attending the Backdrop meeting tonight as I was supposed to) Rev Rub has discovered the identities of the Mayday artists. Now I'd feel a little sketchy revealing the artists when they haven't been officially announced, but here's a list of ten acts and their respective Youtube vids for who it could be. Enjoy and we'll see ya May 20th.


B.o.B.: "Nothin' On You (feat. Bruno Mars)"

Wiz Khalifa & Curren$y: "The Life"

The Cool Kids: "Hammer Bros."

Big Sean: "Getcha Some"

Clipse: "Popular Demand (Popeye's) [feat. Cam'ron]"

Common & John Legend: "They Say"

Consequence: "Grammy Family (feat. Kanye West)"

Kid Cudi: "Pursuit of Happiness (feat. MGMT & Ratatat)"

Drake: "Made (feat. Big Sean)"

Talib Kweli: "Get By"

No comments: