Friday, June 11, 2010

When I Was A Young Boy My Momma Always Told Me To Take No Shit.

There are a few things that piss me off.

*Memo to self, you've used this introduction before. Switch it up!*

Damn, have I? Well, balls, looks like I'm sticking with it. In any case, there's a handful of items that really get under my skin. Saving everyone who reads this post a detailed list of qualified bitching, I'll specifically single out one item:

"ryan, cudi is better than any bs you would post up on fb. including clipse and consequence."

If you have the narcissistic balls to post that bad boy, then we've got serious problems.

Not because you disagree with my opinion, but, man, because of how fucking dumb you have to be to make such a statement.

Don't believe me? Try this versus this or this.

Now, it's not that me and my friend slaved and busted our asses to create this story in time or had the opportunity of a lifetime to profile three of the best and most connected lyricists in the game. Obviously it's peanuts--bush league, really--compared to getting KiD CuDi for a story.

But you're wrong if you're going to sit there and honestly admit to yourself that the Cudder is a better RAP artist than either Clipse or Cons The Don.

It's inconsequential to say Cudi is a better ARTIST than either of the other three (that'd be like comparing apples to oranges or saying that Soundgarden was better for the 90s than Ace of Base), but to say he's a better RAPPER is blasphemy. You're bordering on pariah-status if going on the links provided above. While I enjoy Cudi's product, he has constantly been stuck in this ambivalent middle ground between being a talented lyricist or a talented vocalist. He's like Drake without the voice... or the bars for that matter.

And in comparison to Clipse and Cons' dedication to only rhyming, saying that Cudi is a better lyricist is like trying to argue your younger brother's fourth-grade poetry project is better than Malice, Pusha T and/or Consequence's master thesis.

So if you're thinking that mommy and daddy's money apparently gives you the worldview to comment on hip-hop (since, you know, you're totally able to fly whimsically to both High Times' Cannabis Cup or Ultra Music Festival for your superior opinion), think again. I've got you in a vice-grip and I will win.

Every time.

"in cudi we trust."

Nah, in Rubless do we trust. And quality hip-hop.


Always Preaching Rubbers and Respect,

Rev Rub.

No comments: